Saturday, July 31, 2010

Clean Up Your Own Backyard Before You Complain About Someone Elses OR So How's That Change Workin' Out For Ya??

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING IS PURELY MY OPINION, SO IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH CONTROVERSY OR DON'T REALLY CARE WHAT I THINK, YOU MAY WANT TO GO ON TO SOMETHING ELSE LIKE GO TO POGO AND PLAY GAMES OR GO CHAT ON FACEBOOK OR MY SPACE, OR WHATEVER YOU LIKE TO DO.

I suppose with all thats going on in the world and especially here in the good ol USA, that sooner or later I was going to have to speak up on these topics. My oldest brother, whose name I will leave out for reasons known only to he and I, the FBI, CIA and IRS, used to have a saying that reads "Un reune boca cerrada no entran moscas", which very loosely translated means, "A closed mouth gathers no flies". In other words and in most cases it's best to just keep your mouth shut. I am sure we all know some people throughout history that should have used this great advice (Dixie Chicks, etc...) but chose otherwise and paid some sort of price for speaking out. I, your humble blogger esquire extraordinare (sp?), choose to do so at this time, thowing caution to the wind:

Thanks to our 24 hour news channels (how the heck did we survive without these guys before?)we have news crammed down our throats and whether we know it or not this has a great effect on our minds and thoughts and yes, often provoking us to speak out or take action. I am all for keeping up with what's going on in the country or the world. I just don't need to overload on it. I worship a God that is ever aware of what's going on and He is much better equipped than I to dispense judgement. Afterall, ladies and gentlemen, I read the end of the book and I know how it ends. So, what I am about to say is not to judge people or countries. Just my outlook on what's happening.

I have for quite awhile believed if we (the USA) had spent more time and money in Mexico years ago we might not be having such a problem with illegal immigrants. But politics being politics we now have a volitile situation that could possibly turn deadly and then what a pickle we will be in. For some odd reason our beloved government decided to invest money, time and resources elsewhere possibly thinking "Oh, it's only Mexico." I believe we are now experiencing the results of that kind of thinking.
That being said, I support Arizona and it's fight to control their borders. They have a right to do what they feel is necessary to keep their state and people safe, short of harassing LEGAL citizens. Now, to all my friends (yes, I do have a few) that side against this law in Arizona and my Hispanic, Black, Asian, European, etc.. friends who say I couldn't possibly know how being a minority feels or profiled or harassed because I am white, I say that I don't need a couple of airliners crashing into skyscrapers to know when something is wrong.

Could you imagine what this country would be without all the different nationalities and cultures? All of us at one time had relatives immigrate to this country. The Dardens have been here since the mid-1600's, and it is fantastic to read about all of my relatives over the centuries and how they lived. (I do have some relatives way back that were kicked out of every decent church they went to, but that's for another blog) The important thing is they all came in legally. We want you, we NEED you, we want to experience your cultures, but come in LEGALLY. Read up on America and experience it's history, other cultures and yes, it's great opportunities for you...but come in LEGALLY. There is a process and it is there for a reason. There is an order to things and it's there for a reason.

For some reason Washington doesn't seem to think there is a problem with illegal immigration until it is re-election time. (Why do we keep electing these yahoos into office??) Bush didn't do much of anything to combat it. Obama is only now speaking out on this because it is mid-term election time and why not? Regardless of what America wants he is going to do what he can do for his legacy. Is there anything more "transparent" than this guy in the Oval Office?? And I don't believe John McCain would have done any better. Ok, Ok, Ok, I really believe there are people who run for President or elected office who actually think they can make a difference. Then they get to Washington....

So what's this all leading to? If the Federal Govenment will not do it's job and secure our borders, than let the states do it. If you are here illegally and desire to be part of the greatest nation in the world, go home and apply for citizenship the correct way, because we want you here. We want you to be a part of the thread of the cloth that is America.

I pray for this country and I pray for the safety of President Obama and regardless of what I think of him personally, he IS the duly elected leader of this nation and deserves our prayers.

So there you go. Not as bad as you thought, huh?






1 comment:

  1. "TO MUCH GOING ON IN THIS WORLD,WE AS PPL, NOT ONLY BLACK PPL, BUT SOME OF US SISTERS REALLY NEED TO GET IT TOGETHER WE HAVE HAD TO STRUGGLE FOREVER WIT LIFE LIFE CHALLENGES,FAMILY, JOBS,LOVE LIFE,SEXISM,EDUCATION,FINANCES,{etc{IS THAT NOT ENOUGH WE HAVE TO CONTINUE TO INFLICT HATRED ON ONE ANOTHER WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND THE SINS OF THE FATHER HAVE YOU EVR HEARD OF THAT REMEMBER IF YOU HAVE CHIDREN SOMEONE WILL TREAT YOUR CHILD THE SAME WAY ONE DAY...POW

    ReplyDelete